Wednesday 26 December 2012

Festive fun at the beach.

Sunset last night at Bournemouth Beach, England.


The past few days were spent in Bournemouth, a coastal town in the South of England. Bournemouth is where I spent all my childhood holidays, and I was privileged to go back there to meet some new family members. I am very happy to announce that my mum is getting remarried and so we went to meet her new in laws, or my new step grandparents who live down there. They were so friendly and welcoming.

It was lovely to walk by the beach on Christmas day, even if it was freezing cold! Today there were lots of people about walking their dogs and having a stroll. As the waves lapped, I remembered holidays gone before as a child playing in the waves and building sandcastles, riding in the little train that goes along by the beach, playing crazy golf...eating fish and chips doused in sand. And I felt so happy to relive these memories, and creating more.

I hope you have all had a lovely holiday period!

Where did you spend the past few days?

xx

4 comments:

  1. I hope you had a wonderful holiday Eleanor!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a wonderful time. I love a walk along the beach, I could do it for hours it's so soothing and relaxing. Your childhood memories sound like lots of fun, fish and chips taste so much better by the sea. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These shots are stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is quite a late comment, but these pictures are beautiful! I could have walked along the beach over the new year, but the call of the warm living room was much too strong!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your lovely thoughts here! I appreciate every single comment. Lots of Love xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...