Thursday 29 November 2012

Hes Just Not That Into You- Quote.



'Girls are taught a lot of stuff growing up. If a guy punches you he likes you. Never try to trim your own bangs and someday you will meet a wonderful guy and get your very own happy ending. Every movie we see, Every story we're told implores us to wait for it, the third act twist, the unexpected declaration of love, the exception to the rule. But sometimes we're so focused on finding our happy ending we don't learn how to read the signs. How to tell from the ones who want us and the ones who don't, the ones who will stay and the ones who will leave. 

And maybe a happy ending doesn't include a guy, maybe... it's you, on your own, picking up the pieces and starting over, freeing yourself up for something better in the future. Maybe the happy ending is... just... moving on. Or maybe the happy ending is this, knowing after all the unreturned phone calls, broken-hearts, through the blunders and misread signals, through all the pain and embarrassment you never gave up hope. 


-Gigi, Hes Just Not That Into You

11 comments:

  1. I watched that movie the other night - love it. There's a lot of wisdom in that script.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How profound...I have not seen this movie, but now I think I have to! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great quote from a fantastic movie. I'm going to have to watch it again sometime soon. :)

    JennifHsieh

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh i love this quote and this film! it is such a good film :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooops. I trim my fringe all the time. Guess that's where I'm going on wrong :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello new readers and thanks for everyones comments. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah, such a sweet and encouraging quote :) and very true not to mention! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes I stop and think about my life as a movie - there was all that hope and waiting, and wanting for the boy to come into my life. And now here he is. Does that mean my movie is oveR?

    It's one of my favourite things about the tv show Mad About You - it wasn't about a girl waiting to meet a boy, it was about their relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that movie!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your lovely thoughts here! I appreciate every single comment. Lots of Love xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...