Thursday 9 June 2011

To love an imaginary world.





These past few days have got me thinking about how special it is to dive into an imaginary world. A world that is your own, created purely by your mind. An aid to that is of course, wonderful literature. Stories created by the best story tellers from around the world, works that have hope and meaning, that speak to the heart and soul.


At the moment, I am reading 'The English Patient' by Michael Ondaatje. It is a story of love set in a time of war. A story of the very essence of what it means to be human. Giving, hope, tears, pain, love, hate and the struggles of life are interweaved throughout this novel.


One of my favourite things to do is when a book inspires me, I write down the quote in a notebook or the diary I am writing at the time. So I can look back at it and gain some deeper insight.


I am so excited that fellow bloggers have created an online book club.


What is on your bookshelf right now? What do you recommend to read?


Love,


El xo 


(image: google)
  

1 comment:

  1. that seems like so much fun!


    stop by sometime<3
    http://passportglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your lovely thoughts here! I appreciate every single comment. Lots of Love xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...