Wednesday 29 June 2011

Health and Happiness Tips.




Hi everyone,


First I want to thank my lovely friend Kim at Fill Your Well for including me in her four favourite up and coming blogs. Kims blog is always a wonderful place to be and read every day, with her tips on good deeds, her music sharing and her love for life. Thank you :) x


Secondly, I am writing this post because I want to find out your tips for good mental and emotional health and happiness. In my life, I havn't always found it easy in this area and as a result have done a lot of research into it. So I thought that I would share my thoughts and get your feedback too.


A tip given to me by a friend of mine when I was feeling down is to:


Write down 3 wonderful things about your day. Even if all you did that day was say have a nap and read. It taught me to focus on the little things of beauty- on the small things in each day we take for granted. For example, your three wonderful things could be:


- Pink roses growing in my garden that made me smile
- Thinking about dreams of travel
- Chatting to a friend I hadnt spoken to in months.


etc. 


Focusing on the good aspects of your day increases your personal happiness by getting your mind to focus on a more optimistic attitude. Do this every day for months and it pays dividends. Other blog friends have talked of writing a gratitude journal. This is a similar idea but writing down things in your life you are grateful for. Or a laughter journal with funny pictures and quotes and every time something hilarious happens to you, you write it in there.


So the 3 positives of your day is my tip for health and happiness this week.


I love talking about this subject so I'm sure there will be many more blog posts on it, with more tips and more discussion on what works for you.  


I have just started a 'Be Inspired' tab on my page where I have written a quote by singer India Arie, that I love. Have a read, she is very inspiring! x


With love and positivity
xo


(image: google)   

3 comments:

  1. Such a cool idea! I love your blog, it's so inspiring and honest :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you are so welcome my dear! :) and i love keeping a gratitude journal at the end of each day. it's such a great way to shift your focus from feeling depressed, or discouraged, or hopeless to the positives in life. our feelings are so flighty, so we can definitely change them by taking proper action. the trick is remembering that you can do things to change your emotions, even though they feel so strong. other times you have to just let yourself have that time to feel the feelings - if you're sad, just be sad, if you're angry, destroy a telephone book - and then after releasing those emotions you can regroup and think about how to move forward. i love this topic too, which is why i became a therapist. thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellie you know I love this blog and I think this is an amazing idea!
    Today we were actually told at our camp meeting to do this for ourselves and with our campers so that there is a positive atmosphere and also so the children see the positive!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your lovely thoughts here! I appreciate every single comment. Lots of Love xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...