Tuesday 17 May 2011

Poems found in clothing catalogues... :)

(picture, my own)
I discovered this beautiful poem over the course of many pages... in the Anthropologie clothing catalogue. It has such incredible words that conjured up all kinds of images from my travels in India... so I wanted to share. Hope everyone is having a fab week! Enjoy xoxo












I have discovered a new order to the spectrum



It goes like this: henna, marigold, saffron, aloe, lapis indigo orchid.


Here I am an outlaw


an adventurer striding toward the outer reaches


of awe the edges of every colour. I wring out


each shade until laughing I invent new ones.










There is something I have seen or only dreamed


In a sun hushed alley shifting beams of memory


Honey the shadowed street tatters of whispers


Dark& spice wafted the burnish of ancient wonder


Still gilds the arched pathway echoing now


With the tender hooves of a young lost goat.










The universe diverges here. I go home


Remembering. I stay forever. I see.


What they have seen. They have tasted the spices


I hold in my mouth. In muted observance


In a palace built for a favourite queen


In the cheerful dishevelment of colour. I am.






Here the shade and sun love me equally


I fill a palm with green cardamom


I bend toward a heap of tea leaves


Crushing tangible memories between


My fingers releasing a rush of recollection


Rich as living. always mine. Always mine.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your lovely thoughts here! I appreciate every single comment. Lots of Love xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...